Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wind power

I am interested in seeing the various types of alternative power that are being considered. Wind power seems like a good alternative -- just a little expensive, but it doesn't seem that it would cause any negative effect on the environment, unless someone objects to seeing pointy spinning things on towers in an otherise unblemished landscape. I've heard that you can get windmill devises for your roof (more round than pointy). Anyone know anything more of have an opinion?

1 comment:

Scott said...

I've seen a few spots lately with wind turbines - some in the US and a few elsewhere. Seems like a decent way to procure energy. I'm sure plenty dislike the aesthetics of such massive structures strewn about the countryside, but I think they can look quite picturesque. Stashing wind farms in unpopulated areas would likely cause less complaints.